Information & Frequently Asked Questions
More info and FAQ’s before booking your Virtual Escape Room
Q. How does a virtual escape room work?
Our virtual escape rooms reconnect and motivate teams through fun and competitive challenges. Try something different and bring together your colleagues, who may be working remotely or in the office, using your usual video conferencing software.
After purchasing your escape room online, you will receive a login link accessible to only your teams via a specified username and password of your choice.
In teams, participants must work together to navigate and surpass the puzzles, riddles and equations of the virtual environment and finish the game within the designated time allocated.
These team challenges will take collaboration, communication, resilience, and some critical thinking to successfully escape the room in time!
Q. Why Book This for Your Team?
Our virtual escape rooms offer a unique social and learning opportunity. Whether as an icebreaker to a training session, part of a team away day or just to change up your regular team meetings, our virtual escape rooms are more than just fun, providing organisations a unique opportunity to develop their teams whilst reconnecting colleagues.
Whether you’re all working remotely, in the office or adapting to a hybrid working environment, it can be challenging to bring everyone together and find ways to reconnect. Our virtual escape rooms are an effective and easy way to do just this, while enhancing key skills along the way.
Q. What do I need to know before purchasing my Virtual Escape Room?
When you purchase your escape room you will have access to a unique link for a limited time – 7 Days. You will be asked to set up a username and password at the time of registration.
Please keep in mind that your username and password will need to be shared with your team captains so that they can access the escape room and share their screens with their team on the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know…
Q. How long will it take to complete?
– On average, our virtual escape rooms take around 30-60 minutes to complete, however there is no limit to complete the game. Once the game starts you will be able to view our online clock timer to keep updated on your progress. You can also make it competitive with multiple teams battling it out!
Q. What will I need to do to get it set up?
– Our Virtual Escape Rooms are designed so that you can incorporate them into any video conferencing platform. We recommend Zoom but this could be any other online platform with screen sharing and breakout room capabilities.
– You will need to assign a facilitator to ‘run’ the escape room and ensure everyone is set up and ready to go.
Q. What will I need to participate?
All you and your teams need is an internet connection.
You can play on range of online devices as long as you can clearly see what is happening.
For the best experience we recommend that you play on a laptop or desktop computer using the Zoom app (available as a free download) or Zoom web browser.
Q. Are the virtual escape rooms inclusive?
We have made every effort to ensure that our virtual escape rooms are as accessible as possible. As well as having all instructions written on screen, having a narrator (the Team Captain) is always recommended to ensure all participants can see and hear instructions, while making it more engaging and fun.
If you have any specific accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us a email@example.com
Q. How many people can participate?
– For the best experience, we recommend teams of up to 5 people maximum. You might have one team, or multiple teams, depending on the event you are facilitating. If it is a multiple team event, we recommend up to 30 participants at a time split into small teams of less than 5. However, there is no limit to how many people can participate.
Q. What will I need to do as facilitator?
Following purchase of your escape room, you will receive an informative video tutorial and walkthrough instructions with tips to facilitate a great escape room for your team. Here are the main details:
- Set up a video call with your participants using your preferred online platform.
- As the facilitator, it is your task to assign teams and set up breakout rooms.
- Each team should select a ‘team captain’ who will share their screen so that everyone in their team can see and hear the same thing.
- You will need to share the username and password with team captains so that they can access the Virtual Escape Room.
- The team captain will also act at the game narrator, so it is their job to communicate well with team members and bring the game to life!
Q. How can I make a success?
Following purchase of our escape room you will receive an informative video tutorial and walkthrough instructions with tips to facilitate a great escape room for your team.
Q. Support Available
If you have any questions about our virtual escape rooms, need any help facilitating or would like us to facilitate the room for you, just get in touch. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What if I have more questions?
If your questions haven’t been answered from the information on this page or if you would like any more information please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Virtual Escape Rooms
Get in touch for more infomation